Tuesday, July 15, 2008

September 2007 Archive

« August 2007 | Main | October 2007 »

September 2007
September 16, 2007
Blowout!
OKLAHOMA - 54 UTAH STATE - 3

Need I say more???



Posted at 02:54 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

September 14, 2007
GO OU!!!
K is for...Kindness and...

Kickoff- Look what I stumbled upon!!!! A friend of mine had these 2 extra tickets she was so kindly giving away and so I snatched them up! Emily is so pumped! This game isn't on regular TV either.. It's a PPV game this week and we get to experience it in person and COMPLETELY free! Along with the tickets came 2 tickets to the Sooner Blast Tailgate Party (also free)! My friend ROCKS in the kindness department this week!!!!
Now, if I could only get out of having to work the midnight shift after this game, all would be right in this world!

Posted at 04:37 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

September 11, 2007
Rememberance
I have pondered and pondered about what I should post for I but never could think of one. I even thought about skipping it and maybe coming back to it later but then it hit me..........literally.

I is for...

inSOMnIA- Why is it that I am constantly plagued with this? It seems to go in spurts tho and right now is a SPURT!!! It may have something to do with the fact that I got off work at 06:30am and had to be back at 2:30pm that same day and i HAD to sleep but no matter what I did, it didn't happen. I tried laying there being still, I tried praying, I tried getting up and doing the dishes, I tried reading a book, I tried singing songs in my head (why the wizard of oz theme song was playing in my head over and over and over i have no clue..). Then I tried listening to my ipod with is an I word that I am totally in love with right now. Nothing worked. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

J is for...

Journaling- The other day i was catching up on my blog readings and I stumbled across a challenge that I soooo want to do. It's a journaling one called This is Me Journal . I am so bad about journaling in my scrapbooks and I have been meaning to just make a journaling SB anyways so this might just be the kick in the pants that I need to get motivated to do it! I am a few behind so I will have to play catch up but I am going to try and do it. Of course, as out of practice as I am, mine wont look quite as good as the girls on this site. I already have a few ideas and can't wait to start! There is another Scripture's Challenge at GottaPixel that I am really interested in doing also.

Fall is in the air and I LOVE IT! I woke up at 4am this morning and of course laid there wide awake until a decent hour so I could get up and go walking. Yep, day 9 and I am still walking 2 miles a day. woo hoo, go me! I walk out of the house at 6am and the air was so crisp! I was in heaven! I hate the summers with a passion. 100 degree weather is not my friend. I think I may open the windows and air out the house some today! Nothing like brisk clean air to get you in a great mood! 63 degrees at 10:30 am! Now that is what I'm talking about!

I want to close out this blog post in Rememberance of the 9/11 attacks. Today is the 6 year anniversary and it still seems like yesterday! My heart and prayers go out to all the victims families, to our Troops and for this Nation. We will never forget!

Posted at 10:35 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

September 08, 2007
A few issues~
I have had something on my mind the past couple of days that is just eating me alive. If some of you don't know, I am a dispatcher for the state. I love my job and one of my main goals is to make sure every one of my troopers goes home safely, each and every night. Dec 26, 2003, one of my troopers never made it home. Trooper Nik Green was murdered on duty by a man who was high on methamphetamine and had a rolling meth lab in his car. I wont go into the details of it due to the fact that they hurt my heart every time I talk about it. This was my worst nightmare come true. I almost quit my job because of the stress of losing a friend, co-worker, and fellow Christian. He was a great man! With that being said, the man that murdered Nik was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to death by lethal injection. I am totally for the death penalty but it still didn't seem fitting enough punishment for the monster that killed my friend. I struggled with my beliefs about the whole death penalty issue and whether it was right or not to hold so much hatred for this man. I finally came to a point that I let alot of it go because I knew that Nik was spending is days with Jesus and to want him back here on earth would be too selfish. I dealt with my feelings about Ricky Malone by thinking he wasn't worth time even thinking about. He is sitting on death row, where he belongs, and that was the end of that! Or so we thought. This week, Malone filed an appeal and his death sentence was overturned. The newspaper and news media have plastered Malone's face all over the newspaper and TV along with the video from Nik's dashboard video camera that recorded the heinous murder. Thank goodness that the conviction held but the overturned death sentence was due to Malone feeling like the District Attorney's closing statements were "egregiously improper and unfairly prejudicial. "It was improper for the prosecutor to so blatantly suggest that Malone's jurors should sentence him to death because the family member's victims were counting on them to do so." Who wouldn't???? "What kind of a person can put a high velocity weapon to a man's head while he's praying and pull the trigger?" "Alot of people can't put a stray dog down that way--- This man put a human being down that way. Anything less than the death penalty would be a travesty." This news of the overturned sentence has really opened alot of wounds that were just starting to heal, not only for me but for all of my co-workers and Nik's family. Knowing the hurt I am feeling over this, I can only imagine what his widow and 3 girls, his mother, his sister and other relatives are feeling. Please keep them in your prayers as we all will have to relive this all over again! Please pray for me as I am still struggling with the forgiveness part of obedience. It's soooo hard to love one another as Jesus loved us when dealing with a murderer! But what makes Malone any different than mankind that killed Jesus? *sigh see what I mean? 70x7 is not my strong point in this situation! I guess I need to start praying for Malone's salvation which will be easier than the forgiveness part. I guess this will qualify under my H is for... hatred, healing, hope!

Whew~ now that I got that off my chest.......

I am happy to report that I have logged 12 miles under my belt this week. Yeppers~ I am still walking my 2 miles a day. I am even waking up before the alarm goes off because I am excited....lol Never in my wildest dreams would I think I would ever be getting up at 6 am to exercise. Today I was up at 5! I am also happy to report that I have lost 4 lbs. Where I've lost it is still a mystery because I cannot tell but who am I to argue with the scale? I do not have a goal as to how many pounds I want to lose so what I do lose seems like a bonus. My main goal is to just start exercising and making it a habit! Today was day #6 of walking and I told myself I was only going to do it 5 days a week so I have done really good. Getting up this morning and thinking "I already did my 5 days I can relax today" didn't feel right. I felt like I was missing something... can this be a habit starting to form???? I am also very excited to share that I have cut my caffeine intake 80 percent! I am down to 1 1/2 Pepsi's a day. Yesterday I only had a 1/2 of one. I am drinking LOTS of water (9:30 am and I am already on bottle water #4) ... so much I think i will drown at times but it's working. My stomach ulcers have seemed to calm down somewhat also this week and I am all for that!!!! All and all, it's been a good week!

Posted at 09:45 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

September 05, 2007
F is for...

Family- Mine is the greatest in the whole wide world. Aren't you jealous? LOL I have the most wonderful parents. They are so supportive of me and I would not be where I am today without them. They have shown me what it is like to live and love. My parents have been married for 39 years this year. What a testimony that is now days. I don't think they know how thankful I am that they have dedicated their lives to one another and been a living example for my brother and I. I love you, Mom and Dad.

G is for...

Graduation- O.M.Gosh! I can not believe that I graduated high school 20 years ago this year. My 20 year reunion is in 2 months. This can not be real. Someone wake me from this nightmare! But I must say that the Class of 1987 ROCKS! (The decade of big hair bands and the real "rock and roll". ) Those were the days! Getting together with a few of my fellow classmates has been great! It really upsets me that we lost touch with so many after graduation. I am really excited to see a few of my good friends after so long. (Don't you just dig the purple eye shadow in my Senior picture? I was HOT! or at least I thought so!!!) These are the name tags that I am creating for the reunion. I am still playing with one more design but so far this is my favorite!

FYI- Just thought I would add that I am 3 days into my 2 mile daily walks now and boy do my hips and butt muscles hurt! I am dying! Someone put me out of my misery! I sure didn't want to go walk today but I made myself walk through the pain! This better be worth it!!!!

Posted at 09:07 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

September 03, 2007
D is for...

Death- Yes, I know it's a dark, heavy subject and something I was desperately attempting to stay away from listing in my ABC postings but it is such a reality in our lives. No matter how much we want to avoid the subject, it is life and it is hard to prepare for. My best friend's Aunt Nene passed away yesterday. It saddened my heart when I heard the news last night. I was blessed with the privilege of meeting Aunt Nene on her birthday, during my trip to New Mexico last month. She was the sweetest lady. Very petite and very pretty. Although her body was riddled with cancer and very fragile, you would never know she was in the amount of pain that she was in. Her face had a continuous smile on it. According to Paula, she had such a faith that never wavered! As hard as it is to lose our loved ones, I can not help but be comforted in the fact that they are with Jesus! Aunt Nene, Memaw, PaPa, Mamaw,Papaw, Nik, and many others are sitting at the feet of Jesus listening to His stories. They are walking hand in hand with our Savior. They are kissing the face of God! They are not hurting any more! They are living in their mansions that He built for them. Will you be living in the mansion He built for you when you die? Will you be able to walk the streets of gold that are so pure that you can see through? Will Jesus say to you "Well done, my good and faithful servant"? If you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ or if you just want to hear more about this man they call Jesus, please contact me. I will be more than happy to help you claim your mansion!


E is for...

Exercise- Believe it or not, I walked 2 miles today (intentionally). It has been on my mind about starting to walk since they finished the road construction on my street and put in the best sidewalks and I won't mention that I have a 20 year high school class reunion coming up in 2 months. I have been putting it off and putting it off and so this morning, after I got off work, I came home and put on my walking shoes, grabbed Brinkley and my ipod and MADE myself do it. I walked and I walked and I walked and I walked and I walked some more ...lol Since the sidewalk goes for 4 miles straight south of my house, I only walked 1 mile south then of course had to walk the 1 mile back. I am happy to announce that it only took me forever 45 minutes and I feel sooo good. I will be doing it again tomorrow and the next day. I want to shed some poundage. One of these days I will be able to say that 2 miles was the easiest. During my LONG walk, I listened to a pod-cast sermon about being quiet so that we can hear that still small voice and how in our society we are not geared towards silence. We are constantly having to have the TV on for noise or the radio going or an ipod in our ears while we walk. Heck, I have to have a fan going just so I can sleep. God speaks in the silence. He speaks like a gentle breeze when we are quiet. It really made me think about how busy I always am and how "not quiet" I am even when there is no TV or radio on. Even in the silence, I am loud. My thoughts never stop, my brain never takes a break. I am constantly trying to figure out how to get out of this big mess or that one, or what I am going to do about supper, or how much laundry I have, or what excuse I can use today to get out of exercising. He wants us to be quiet. He wants us to just "Be still". I think I am going to have to truly make a conscious effort to shushhhh. I want to hear Him!

Ok, that is enough for today. Enjoy your Labor Day!

Posted at 08:47 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

September 01, 2007
B is for...

Ballgames- Yes, I caved and entered some fantasy football leagues. Like I don't already have enough stuff going on. I am currently 2nd in my Nascar league. Why do I punish myself like this??? I don't even like football! Okay... maybe just a little.

Brinkley- My mother's dog...bark, bark, bark. That is all she does. Although she is getting better, she thinks that she is my personal body guard when she is at my house. The need to protect me from my own cat or my own daughter is top priority in her life. Will i survive for 8 more days???

C is for...

Cats- It is with regret that I must inform you that my newest cat, Tommy, went to live at a new home today. I am very happy to announce that he has gone to a great family. A girl that I work with came over the other day with her 2 youngest kids. Her little girl fell in love with him and L mentioned that they were looking for a new cat. It was the perfect opportunity to offer him to her. Tommy and my oldest cat, Toby, DO NOT get along. I have had Tommy for over 4 months and they still have not adjusted to each other. There is this hatred and resentment between the two of them and I have tried everything short of finding a new home for Tommy. I am very happy about this decision and I know that Toby be also.

Caffeine- I am so addicted! The thought of having to give it up at my Dr.'s request has sent me into overload. I don't know if I can do it. I want to but I enjoy my caffeine! I love Pepsi! Chocolate...ehh I could live without, but Pepsi... never! Quitting cigarettes almost 2 years ago was horrific yet it pales in comparison to quitting caffeine. I know that it is because I am through the withdrawals of nicotine and it is behind me and caffeine is not but still! Waaahhhh.... Stupid ulcers!

E started her first job today! She applied and got hired at a local veterinarian cat clinic. She will be cleaning cages, doing some prep work for surgeries, and assisting the vet with anything that needs done with the cats. It is a part time position, 2 hours a day. She loves it so far. I am so proud of her. What is ironic about the whole thing is I worked for the same veterinarian right before I got pregnant with her. Who knew she would later grow up to work for the same man! Gotta love it!

Posted at 02:53 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)
My Flickr
Flickr
July 2008
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Categories
Faith
Gardening
Pictures
Religion
Archives
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
More...

No comments: