Tuesday, July 15, 2008

April 2007 Archive

« March 2007 | Main | May 2007 »

April 2007
April 30, 2007
Ay yI yI
Looks like i will be spending the day at the laundry mat! Thanks to a heating element that went out on my dryer! It's less than a year old, how can it already be broke??? This is craziness! Do you know how long it has been since i visited a laundry mat? Oh my goodness... I don't even want to even think about it. Is it bad that I think I am too good for a laundry mat? Maybe it is a good thing my dryer did go on the fritz.... maybe I need a good dose of humbleness. How easy is it for us to take everyday things for granted? Speaking for myself, it is not so much the laundry mat itself as it is the convenience of being able to dry my clothes at home. I can not even count the things I use daily that grant me convenience and ease and I use them without even a second thought. So many things that others would love to have. So many things that I "could" live without. What is really bad was the first thought that went through my mind..... "Great, there goes the IPOD Nano I was going to buy this month!" How selfish is that?

Posted at 01:37 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

April 27, 2007
Update
I just realized that I did not update anything on my last MRI. I heard from the doctor last week and they said that the 2 areas of mass in my liver are "stable", meaning they have not grown any. Everything looked like it did back in January. They did reorder my bloodwork. I guess they want to make sure my liver is still functioning properly before I am released. If everything comes out good with the bloodwork like I am expecting, I am guessing that they will tell me I have to have all of this done again next year. Wahoo!

Now, here is me rocking the new Mary Kay!



Posted at 12:19 AM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

April 25, 2007
Time for Change
I have had too many things on my mind lately and have been going through alot. Most of it is not mentionable on here but I think it is time for some change in my life. It's Time for a change in attitude, change in lifestyle, change in character, change in looks. So, i started off with the looks. :o) Why is it that when I feel down that out, the first place I go is to the beauty spa? Is it because it makes me feel better about me?Is it because it is the easiest to change with the quickest results? And that is OK, right? Well, for whatever reason, I spent the afternoon at the beauty spa and treated myself to a new haircut and new color. I have decided that I am tired of the maintenance of keeping my hair dark because of the gray so I went to a light with blonde hight-lights. I have had dark on my hair so long that the gray really sucked up the red. The blonde is going to help it to grow out. I didn't realize it but I am completely gray. What is funny tho is it is not gray, it is white. I can not wait to see what it looks like all natural. I am going to continue putting blonde highlights in it until all the red is out and then just gradually go white. This should be interesting.



This last picture is the actual color. I am not sure why the first 2 are so dark. oops, I have on no make up either. Oh well, I bought some new Mary Kay stuff that I will be flaunting tomorrow!!! How is that for change? Maybe it will help me change my attitude, my lifestyle and character. It should at least give me a boost!

Let me just say HI to a long lost friend. Lynn, you rock girl!!! I can not wait to get caught up from not being in touch for the last 20 years. I love classmates.com!

Posted at 11:11 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)
Time
I am going to be doing several posts on " Time "

The first one will be on ---------> Time for Change

Stand by for pictures

Posted at 05:10 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

April 23, 2007
Prayers please
I am going through something that has just rocked my world...... If you could, I would appreciate a few prayers for strength and perservernace. Life altering issues are never easy! Now if i could just get the tears to stop!

Posted at 07:42 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

April 21, 2007
Lazy Bones
Lazy Bones has taken up residence on my new couch! He has gotten more use out of it than I have lately! Oh the life of my house cat, I'm jealous!! And lookie, I even caught catchlights in picture #2! :o)



Posted at 05:20 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

April 17, 2007
*Yawn*
Today had to be the longest day of my entire life, or so it seemed anyways. Night shifts are getting to me. I am getting to the point that I cannot sleep during the day very easily anymore. There seems to be not enough hours in the day. While nights are (or use to be) my favorite shift, I can not wait until June when I can get a break from them for a while. I go and go and go and go and then I crash. Well, I feel a crash coming on and I don't have time for it! Here was my day today:

6:30am Get off work
6:45am Arrive at home and change out of monkey suit
6:50am Let the dogs outside and clean up the mess in the kitchen( dog sitting for mom)
7:00am Wake the dead (E) and listen to her beg "just 5 more minutes, please"
7:10am Wake the dead again
7:20am Wake the dead who is really gonna be dead if she doesn't get up this time.
7:25am Listen to her explain that she didn't get to sleep until 3 am and then cry and beg to stay home from school...(this is a normal Monday occurrence, she hates Mondays)
7:27am Reiterate the fact that she needs to just get dressed because she IS NOT staying home today.
7:45am Remind her that she has 15 minutes before we are walking out the door in pj's or not!
7:50am Put a load of clothes in the washer and turn on the dryer to finish drying clothes put in it yesterday!
8:11am Finally walk out the door to take her to school.
8:12am Return to the house because she forgot her lunch
8:24am Finally drop off the walking dead to school... oh the drama!
8:40am Arrive at Walmart to pick up a new mop and hamburger meat for supper
9:20am Walk out of Walmart with $85.00 worth of crap!
9:30am Arrive at the hospital for my scheduled MRI at 10
9:40am Check in and then am informed that my appointment isn't until 10:30 instead of 10 like I thought. OK, good thing I brought a book!!
10:15am Finally get taken back to the MRI machine.
10:50am Wait in Radiology office to get a copy of the test to take to my doctors, which by the way I forgot to drop off...*sigh, add it to my list of things to do tomorrow*
11:10am FINALLY receive copy of results and leave the hospital
11:40am Arrive at my parents house to finish mowing 2/3 of the 3 acres. I chose to do this today because it is suppose to rain ALL day Tuesday and all i can say is IT BETTER RAIN!
1:50pm After running out of fuel in the mower and giving up, head home.
2:00pm Stop and drop another $50.00 in my gas tank... stupid fuel prices ($2.69 a gallon)
2:30pm Arrive at home and unload my $85.00 worth of crap from the truck.
2:50pm Take a shower
3:15pm Call and make arrangements for L's mom to pick E up from choir at 4 and take her to dance class since I need to go to bed. Also call school and advise them that I will not be attending the Teen Choices class tonight at 6. I am just spread too thin today.
3:20pm Sweep and mop the kitchen floor with bleach....I can't stand it any longer!
3:50pm Start cooking the taco meat for E's supper!
3:55pm Remember that E wont be home until 7 (after dance class) so she may not be hungry..oh well.
4:30pm Sweep the kitchen floor again after dropping a huge glass frying pan lid and watching it shatter all over the place... I'm talking tiny shards of glass not big chunks!
4:50pm Lay down in the bed and watch some Live Coverage of the Virginia Tech shootings... how sad not only for the families of the deceased but also for the rescue/recovery workers. I can not imagine the scene that they were forced to walk into! But by the grace of God, go I!
5:25pm Force myself to turn off the "train wreck" on TV. Train wreck as in it's so awful that you don't want to watch but you cant make yourself stop watching.... (I'm so tired, I'm not tired)
6:00pm Finally doze off, i think.
7:00pm Wake up to E coming home from dance class, wanting me to smell candles (no i wasn't dreaming).
8:30pm Wake up again to E telling me she is going to bed.
9:30pm Alarm goes off....Time to go back to work!

Tomorrow, I am not doing ANYTHING! I plan on taking E to school and sleeping the entire day away or at least until 3 when I have to go get her and then get ready for my night class at Cameron!

*sigh, when will it ever end?

Posted at 01:08 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

April 13, 2007
When I was growing up my mother rarely baked things. When she did, it turned out less than edible...lol I remember she tried to bake homemade biscuits one time and they turned out like hockey pucks... we teased her for a long time about that one. Her specialty lied in the meat and potato parts of the cooking arena and boy could she make a mean steak and rice dinner (forgive me for not knowing the name of it). She would cook things for dinner that I had no idea what was in it nor did i care because I was too busy inhaling the delicious contents. She was always coming up with "weird" meals and they were usually pretty good, except her stuffed bell peppers. I hated that meal only because I hated bell peppers, and I still do to this day. But she rarely made desserts from scratch except for the occasional batch of cookies that were wonderful. There was one thing she did make that I remember oh so well and it was Monkey Bread. I had no idea how she made it. All I knew was it was the yummiest thing on the earth.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I ran across the recipe for the long forgotten Monkey Bread. I printed off the recipe, went straight to the store to get the ingredients and came home with the intentions of baking. Needless to say, I was not able make it that week nor the next week. I finally broke down today and baked it. Oh my gosh, the memories that flooded my head while i was eating this stuff. I was really surprised how it brought me back to my childhood days of not a care in the world. Back to a time where everything was taken care of by my parents, all I had to do was eat, sleep and play...oh and be nice to my pesky brother! Life was simple then and Monkey Bread was the best! Today I tasted a little piece of my childhood again... a little bite of Heaven! Thanks, Mom!!!



Posted at 11:24 AM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

April 12, 2007
I have attempted to mow my parents 3 acres for the last 4 days in a row. The riding mower they have has seen it's better days! Well, after jacking with it all i could, it finally died yesterday and I have yet to even cut 1 blade of grass with it this year. Needless to say, I will be mowing in style now on a new John Deere! She is being delivered today! This baby will cut my mowing time in half! WAHOOO! I'm so excited! Now, to just get an ipod to help pass the time away. (It has an ipod hookup, how cool is that?) The only thing this bad boy wont do is refill my drink when I start feeling overheated! (For the price ticket that was on this thing, it should) Is it bad that I dreamt of this lawn mower all night??? I can't wait to mow.... OMGosh, did i just say that out loud??

Posted at 06:48 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

April 11, 2007
Quivers in my Livers
Time for my 3 month checkup and other MRI to check to see if my liver is still doing ok. This MRI will be to check to make sure the "fatty infiltration" masses have not grown. If so, then we are going to proceed with a biopsy to confirm that it is just "fatty infiltration" and not something else. My appointment is scheduled for Monday, April 16th at 10am. No food or drink after midnight... yeah like that is gonna happen with not drinking since I am working nights>>>>> *rolling eyes*. I can deal with not eating but not drinking? That is like telling someone who works a normal 9-5 day job to go to work at 9 and not drink anything at all until 7pm for this test... i just don't see it happening! If i were sleeping, it would be a different story. Oh well, I will do my best! I am curious to see what the results are gonna be. I will update as soon as I know something.

Posted at 03:20 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

» My Flickr
Flickr
July 2008
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Categories
Faith
Gardening
Pictures
Religion
Archives
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
More...

No comments: