Tuesday, July 15, 2008

May 2007 Archive

May 2007
May 30, 2007
Updates
I was all prepared to give a just oh so happy update about the happenings around here to include pictures of my "high school" daughter but I recieved some bitter sweet news this morning that put a slight damper on my mood.

My grandfather passed away this morning. He was 77. He lived with emphysema and we knew he was gradually getting worse and it wouldn't be long but I just didn't expect it so soon. How can you ever prepare for something like this? He was my last living grandparent. I will miss him so much! i do take comfort in the fact that i know he is now breathing the freshest air with the greatest of ease in the presence of our Sweet Jesus!

I will be out of pocket for a few days. We are leaving for Amarillo, Texas in the next day or so. I will get back into the swing of things and update when I return from the funeral. Keep us in your thoughts for traveling graces!

Posted at 09:26 AM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack (0)

May 22, 2007
In Memory of:
Mandy Sue, my fur baby sister.

We had to put Mandy to sleep this morning. She would have been 18 years old in July. My brother, C, got her when he was 15 and I was 18. She was the cutest schnauzer ever!! We just loved her to death. When C moved to India, Mandy latched onto my dad and became his dog and never looked back. She has been through a lot in her almost 18 years and I can promise you that she was spoiled rotten, pampered and very much loved. Due to her failed hearing and loss of most of her eyesight, and her arthritis, I knew this day was coming. I just didn't expect it to be today. How do you prepare for a loss like this? Mandy was like a fixture at my parents house. I could always go there knowing that she would be there to listen to me cry, whine, gripe, and tell my secrets too. I feel guilty saying it is almost a relief to know that she is gone because I know she isn't hurting anymore but the selfish part of me wants her here so my heart can quit hurting. I can not imagine what my dad is going through!

Rest in Peace, Mandy Sue! Thank you for your devote spirit and unconditional love! Know that you will truly be missed! I love you!

Posted at 04:17 AM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

May 20, 2007
Another Prayer request
Gosh, I am just full of them these days!

Please keep my pastor, Bubba Clark, in your prayers. Thursday while he was officiating a funeral for a local retired police officer, Bubba's house burned to the ground. They lost everything. It's ALL gone! Thank goodness noone was home at the time. They have 4 kids and only the clothes on their back. I cannot imagine losing every thing i own. But this is just a reminder of how, in a blink of an eye, everything in your life can change.

Posted at 07:48 AM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

May 19, 2007
John 15:13
Things have been hectic at work the last few days. The position I hold in the workforce places me in contact with tragedy. Death is just a fact of life I am forced to deal with on a daily basis. This week has been extremely hard. There have been 12 fatalities in the surrounding areas in less than 24 hours. If that isn't hard, I don't know what is. One of the fatalities was a Fireman Lt. from Tuttle and his 10 year old son. Today a local area deputy was involved in a fatality accident and he was life flighted to a trauma center in OKC. He is listed in critical condition but is expected to make a full recovery.

My heart hurts for the families impacted by fatality accidents but it is especially heartbreaking when it is one of my own. Rescue workers are there to help save lives, not try to fight for their own life. If you wouldn't mind, please pray for ALL rescue workers in your area and throw in an extra one for the families of the ones injured and killed in my area today. The job that they do and the positions they place themselves in is a dangerous one yet they do it on a daily basis despite the lack of respect, thanksgiving, and pay that they receive.

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Jeff, thank you for the job that you do!

Posted at 12:52 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

May 16, 2007
Have you ever?
Have you ever felt like you missed one of the biggest blessings in your life because you didn't listen to what God was telling you? Well, I do. I don't know what the blessing was but I know it was a BIG one and I missed it! My heart aches because of it. I have prayed and prayed about it and it is almost like God is giving me the silent treatment. The separation is absolutely heart wrenching and depressing. I can not explain the feelings I have over this situation. It is something I have never felt before. I feel like such a heel!

I will leave you with the pics of the creek. The water level is down almost completely but there is still 80 %more water in it than what there normally is.

Posted at 05:57 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

May 13, 2007
Tickled White!
How awesome is it that my brother got mom the Snow White Precious Moments Figurine for Mother's Day also! YAY!

Posted at 11:05 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

May 12, 2007
I'm tickled TINK!
I have been busting my brain trying to figure out what to get my mom for Mother's Day this year. She is sooo very hard to buy for. She has everything she ever needs and if she doesn't, she will just go to the store and get it. When I asked her what she wanted this year she gave me her typical answer, "Nothing!" Well, that makes my job as a daughter who is trying to honor my mother on her special day very difficult. I know it is the thought that counts and not the material things that matter but do they make the giving more special than just the thought! I have never been able to get her "expensive gifts". Usually it is just dish towels, at her request, or a new house coat! I am tired of not being able to give her something that she enjoys. What does she enjoy? Precious moments figurines. She has tons of them. She has a very large collection of them. So many that I never know which ones she has which ones she doesn't. I usually have to ask Emily. Well, this year I decided that it was time to give her something that she really likes. Precious moments has a new Disney Princess Signature Series out and I just fell in love! They have Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Tink! I am so excited to see her face when she finds TINKERBELL starring back at her when opens her gift!

Posted at 11:14 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

May 09, 2007
Flood gates Wide open!
Can I just tell you how much I HATE WATER? It is sooo not my friend this spring. This creek is about 1/4 mile away from my house and is busting its banks. What you can not see is how deep this creek really is. On normal days it is usually totally dry and about 25-30 feet deep. Today, well as you can see, it is threatening several neighborhoods. The City manager and other officials had an emergency management meeting in the housing edition to let us know that the flood gates at the dams at 2 lakes have been opened (8 gates at one and 9 gates at the other) and must remain open until the levels go down due to a state ordinance to keep a regulated/safe level for the dams. Having them open is causing the flooding in this creek and surrounding creeks, therefore threatening our homes. The water level at the dams were expected to crest at around 6 pm. Once that happens the water level in this picture will be over the bridge. (This pic was taken approx 3pm). They were also very concerned with the expected storm that is suppose to hit this evening. The did say that if we get more rain that the flooding is inevitable. A 3rd dam is starting to crumble in the town near my parents and if that happens, their house will be flooded also. Evacuations have already been done in Medicine Park and the surrounding areas. The wildlife refuge is also included in part of that evacuation.
I want to thank everyone for their continued prayers. I honestly believe they are working because the expected storm we were to get this afternoon/evening with torrential rainfall never happened. It moved to the south and east of us. I have yet to see a single raindrop from it. Thank you, Sweet Jesus!
I will be trying to get more pictures as the water levels go down so you can get the full impact of how high this really is! (plus it is going to make a great scrapbook layout).

Paula, get ready cuz I am ready to move to the desert!!!!!



Posted at 11:16 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

May 08, 2007
And the rain came!
Pray, people, pray! It's raining and we are in flood warnings.... I have been outside since 6:30 this morning digging more ditch and "saving my house" again! No rain got in this time but it was within millimeters of it! I just hope that this will work! The ground cannot handle any more rain! We had 3 inches dumped on us yesterday and my drains did very well however now the ground is soaked it is failing. We are expected 3 more days of storms also so I am pleading with you! If your the praying type, I could use all of them you can spare!

Posted at 08:48 AM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

May 07, 2007
Found: My Mojo!
Today I started organizing and putting my scrapbook room back together today. I figured I couldn't let National Scrapbooking Day go by without at least drooling over my hoarded stash! Well the drooling lead to fondling and fondling lead itself into out right pleasure.... OH.MY.GOSH!! People everywhere need to write this down on their calendars!!!!!!! I made history! I scrapped! I actually scrapped! It has been ages since I actually did a "real" scrapbook page and tonight I did 4 8x8 pages for the family reunion scrapbook! They are super simple but oh so super cute! I am wanting to finish this album this week! Only 12 pages to go! I need to get it out of the way for our vacation in July so I figured why not start now? I was in heaven. I am still a little rusty but *singing in my best Celine Dion voice* It's all coming back to me now! No one laugh at them or my mojo just might fly right back out the window!


The blank tags are where the names will go once I identify them all! ( I have a large family)

I have no idea why these pictures are going in here all jacked up so I guess i will just have to deal with it!


Posted at 01:28 AM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

» My Flickr
Flickr
July 2008
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Categories
Faith
Gardening
Pictures
Religion
Archives
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
More...

No comments: