Tuesday, July 15, 2008

December2007 Archive

« November 2007 | Main | January 2008 »

December 2007
December 29, 2007
Choose your poison
Coach? Chanel? My bro is the man!



I'm loving me some "C" right about now!

Posted at 12:48 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

December 25, 2007
Merry Merry Christmas
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from us to you!

We are spending Christmas with my parents so I will be updating with pictures when I get home!

Can you say "CHANEL" or how about "COACH"? *I feel faint* Wahoo!

Posted at 05:17 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

December 20, 2007
Argggg
Why is it that people refuse to do their jobs? Do they not realize how much it affects another person when they don't? I received a denial letter today from my life insurance company due to the lack of my Dr's office submitting the requested medical records.... Come on people! I faxed the request to my Dr. (at their request) November 26th and they had until Dec 12th to fax the requested records to the Insurance Co. Did they???? Obviously NOT! I am so MAD! Now I am having to deal with the Insurance company to see if I can get an extension on the application. What a bloody nightmare!!! Cross your fingers for me.

Vent over!

Posted at 09:19 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)
On the 12th day of Christmas
Ever wondered what the song means when it sings about the 12 days of Christmas? I learned it at a Christmas party last week and thought it was the coolest thing and now I am sharing it with you!



The song goes, "On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me…"

The "true love" mentioned in the song doesn’t refer to an earthly suitor, but it refers to God Himself. The "me" who receives the presents refers to every baptized person. i.e. the Church.

1st Day: The partridge in a pear tree is Christ Jesus upon the Cross. In the song, Christ is symbolically presented as a mother partridge because she would feign injury to decoy a predator away from her nestlings. She was even willing to die for them.
The tree is the symbol of the fall of the human race through the sin of Adam and Eve. It is also the symbol of its redemption by Jesus Christ on the tree of the Cross.
2nd Day: The "two turtle doves" refers to the Old and New Testaments.
3rd Day: The "three French hens" stand for faith, hope and love—the three gifts of the Spirit that abide (1 Corinthians 13).
4th Day: The "four calling birds" refers to the four evangelists who wrote the Gospels—Matthew, Mark, Luke and John—which sing the song of salvation through Jesus Christ.
5th Day: The "five golden rings" represents the first five books of the Bible, also called the Jewish Torah: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
6th Day: The "six geese a-laying" is the six days of creation.
7th Day: The "seven swans a-swimming" refers to the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit: wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety and fear of the Lord.
8th Day: The "eight maids a milking " reminded children of the eight beatitudes listed in the Sermon on the Mount.
9th Day: The "nine ladies dancing" were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
10th Day: The "ten lords a-leaping" represents the Ten Commandments
11th Day: The "eleven pipers piping" refers to the eleven faithful apostles.
12th Day: The ‘twelve drummers drumming" were the twelve points of belief expressed in the Apostles’ Creed: belief in God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, that Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary, made man, crucified, died and arose on the third day, that he sits at the right hand of the father and will come again, the resurrection of the dead and life everlasting.

So the next time you hear "the Twelve Days of Christmas" consider how this otherwise non-religious sounding song had its origins in keeping alive the teaching of the Christian Faith.

Posted at 12:42 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

December 10, 2007
Ice, Ice, Baby!
Vanilla Ice has nothing on this ice tho! We are currently in Ice Storm 2007 and amazingly enough it has been rather calm. Although ice is covering everything, the roads are just wet. The temp hovering at and around 30 and the fact that there has been no wind has probably helped with keeping the roads clear and electricity on. A few of you know when I say NO WIND for southwest Oklahoma that it is a significant miracle. No wind here is like no iceberg to the Titanic!

There is absolutely no wind sweeping through the plains today! Instead you can see ice blanketing it all, including the buffalo! I felt so sorry for them. I slowed down to take their picture and they ever so slowly turned their heads to look at me. I looked into their eyes and I swear I could hear them pleading for warmth... OK, maybe I couldn't physically hear them but my heart sure could. Coldness hurts, even if your a big manly beast or not.

The weather is forcasting a little more ice today and then a rise in the temp tomorrow so we should be melting pretty quickly only to have another storm around the 20th. I just hope Old Man Winter will listen to me this next time when I order snow instead of delivering ice!

Posted at 12:46 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

December 07, 2007
More Christmas-y crafting!
I didn't quite get everything accomplished yesterday that I wanted to but I am quite satisfied with what was done. I tend to make my to-do lists almost impossible to complete in one day! I am working on scaleing down those lists so that I won't feel so overwhelmed and not do anything at all.

Let me preface this next part by telling a story. I went to E's school to take pictures of all the students in her class (all 8 of them) along with a group picture and I had each kid to write on precut paper squares a little note to the teacher. This was all done for the mini-album that I am creating. I am still nervous about this gift because the last time I made this for one of her teachers it was not well accepted. As a matter of fact, the teacher looked at it and said "Oh, thanks!" and then sat it down and didn't even look at it. My feelings were SOOOOO crushed. I am still trying to get over that! Anyways, back to what I was saying.... After taking the pictures and notes, I went to walmart and uploaded the pictures from my memory card into their photomaker and had the pictures printed. I then went to JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby and many numerous other places. Blah Blah Blah.... fast forward to that night after I finished making the vases and starting the album. I went to get my camera to take pictures and I couldn't find my memory card. I tore up my car, dumped my purse, checked all pockets to no avail. I just started bawling! I know that some of you are laughing at me for crying but without my memory card, my camera is useless therefore, my life is no longer complete! Anyways, I was just so sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe I was so careless as to lose that stupid little thing. The next day, I took E to Wal-mart to finish her shopping for Christmas and she surprised me with a new memory card! It's even bigger than the one I had. (I sure love that girl!) I can now take pictures and my life is again complete! Laugh all you want but unless you are obsessed with pictures and scrapbooking (not that my pictures and scrap pages are the best in the world), you just wouldn't understand!

Sooo..... with all that said...... Here are a few pictures from the mini-album. One down, one to go!





Posted at 11:07 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

December 05, 2007
Feeling Christmas-y and Crafty!
This year I decided to make Christmas gifts for E's teachers at school. I am usually very nervous doing this because I am my own worst critic! I am making scrapbook mini-albums of the kids in her class for the teachers along with a vase full of Christmas-y oh-so-smelly-good potpourri. I also found a wooden star that I am going to alter for my front door. Since I have been off for the last 3 days, it has consisted of nothing but Christmas shopping and cleaning. I have 2 more days off and those will be filled with crafting and I can not wait! I have put it off for the last 2 days of my mini-vacation because I feel so stinking guilty for "having fun" when there is house cleaning to do. Crazy I know, but that's me! Maybe that is why I haven't gotten any crafting done in a LONG time, but by golly, tomorrow is the day! Wish me luck.

Here is a picture of the Christmas Vases that I threw together. I actually am loving how they look sitting on my TV so much that I don't want to give them away. Is that bad???



Posted at 09:14 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

December 03, 2007
Happy Birthday, bubba!
(yesterday) To my baby brother, Corey! Born on Dec 2, 19hundred something.... Even though your bigger than me, I am still older and can take you! Hope you have a great one!

Posted at 07:03 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

December 02, 2007
Tagged
I got tagged in email so I thought I would bring it here!

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay,
here’s what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just Copy
this entire post and paste into your blog. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Ti's the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper is from the devil!!!

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? Weekend after Thanksgiving, however, this year I am running a week late!

4. When do you take the tree down? depends on my mood, most of the time it is the 2nd week of January

5. Do you like eggnog? ewwww, NASTY!!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? 10 speed bike and a portable radio... we sat and listen to the theme song of "WKRP in Cincinnati" while sitting on our new bikes in our bedrooms! those were the days!

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, I have several.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, Mr. has it all!

9. Easiest person to buy for? Emily, Miss want-it-all

10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? I got coal in my stocking one time as a gag from my mother... She always threatened it but I guess i was really bad that year!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail, but since stamps are getting so stinking high now days, i may switch to email ones... is that to impersonal?

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "Its a Wonderful Life", I have it on DVD! My next favorite is "The Nativity Story"

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to start early but always end up starting in December. I;m such a procrastinator.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas salad (old family recipe)

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? What Child is this.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel about 10 miles! Does that count as traveling?

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? There Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer and Vixen, and Comet, and Cupid, and Donner, and Blitzen...but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all??? Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer. Had a very shiney nose.... (sung in my most cheerful christmas voice) :o)

20.Angel on the tree top or a star? A most beautiful Angel with white feather wings and a beautiful flowing dress that I got half price at Hobby Lobby last year! It was the best sale ever!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas eve. Christmas day is reserved for the gifts Santa left the night before.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When people are afraid to stand up for what they believe... I mean "Happy Holidays"???? Come on people!

23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? Playing Santa's helper by passing out the presents... Only one person is blessed with this job every year and has to wear a Santa hat while doing it!

24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? I cant think of any

25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? I like themed ones. This year mine is purple and silver. However, next year I think I may go homey for once.

26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Sugar cookies decorated with homemade icing

27. Do you like Fruitcake? I don't know that I have ever had it but I am afraid of it because of the stories I hear.

Whew~ That was fun! Now it's your turn. I tag Paula, Shannon, Kristin, Shelly L., and Jillian.

Posted at 02:18 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)
My Flickr
Flickr

No comments: