Tuesday, July 15, 2008

January 2008 Archive

January 2008
January 19, 2008
Happy Sweet 16!
My baby is 16! She is just the most beautiful thing ever! I am so proud of the person she is turning out to be. I will post more pictures later I just wanted to get this one up before my my computer crashes. Something is seriously wrong with it!

Posted at 01:07 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

January 12, 2008
Rockin' and Swingin'
There is a glare on this page but I left it there on purpose so you could get the full effect of the GOLD on this paper. I am totally loving the new Rockstar Stack! The papers are just so yummy! It makes me want to just rock out while I'm scrappin! This paper is just perfect for our concert pictures from last summer that I haven't started on yet!!! Soon, I promise myself, soon!

I have done 4 LO's and painted 3 small canvas pieces in the last week! The canvas pieces still need final touches but I am so proud of myself. It feels so good to get back into the swing of things. Love it, love it, love it!

Posted at 01:53 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)
Pay it Forward
Pay It Forward Challenge!!
here's the gist....

"Pay it forward rules: I will send a handmade gift to the first 5 people who leave a Comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange, and who make the same pledge on their own blogs . I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward."

(if you do join this challenge, you dont have to PIF to 5 people.... you can PIF to 1, 2, 3, or 10! just PIF!)

Posted at 01:15 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

January 06, 2008
Caught up!
Hold out your hands to feel the luxury of the sunbeams.

Helen Keller



Posted at 05:37 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)
Catching up
2 more POTD and then I will be caught up! (Kinda not the point of picture OF THE DAY, huh?) Oh well.

(Taken today for yestedays prompt)

"I am beautiful no matter what they say"

Christine Aguilera



Posted at 05:35 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)
POTD
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are"

Mary Jean Irion



Posted at 04:15 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

January 04, 2008
Imperfection
"Life is too short and too amazing to spend time worrying about imperfection "

Ali Edwards




Music is something that I have always loved. While growing up I took violin lessons along with piano lessons. I tried and tried to learn to read music but I just couldn't. I passed violin lessons in school with an A and I also had my piano teacher fooled for almost a year by getting them to play the music piece for me so that I could hear it first. I CAN'T read music. Play it for me once and I can play it back almost perfectly but set sheet music in front of me and it's like trying to read a foreign language. Oh how I envy people who can just sit down and look at sheet music and play beautiful music.

Guitar Hero is the closest to making beautiful music and I can come anymore! *wink

Posted at 11:59 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

January 03, 2008
Out with the old, in with the new!
We are in with a new year so why not go in with a new look! I went in for my usual cut and color for the month and came out with 4 new shades of blonde and and a new style! I'm still not convinced of the cut yet but either it will grow on me or it will grow out!

Posted at 09:41 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)
POTD
Picture and song lyric for the day! (This is part of a 365 day challenge that I won't be able to keep up with on a daily basis but I am going to use it as inspiration for photos and such! Thanks Christina for posting this on your blog!)

Here is my version!

"I´m gonna make a change,
For once in my life
It´s gonna feel real good
Gonna make a difference
Gonna make it right
I'm starting with the man in the mirror"

Micheal Jackson



Posted at 02:26 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

January 02, 2008
2008 Accomplishment/Goals
It's that time of the year again to think about accomplishments and goals for 2008. When I was asked today if i had any New Year's resolutions I automatically got a knot in my stomach and thoughts of failure quickly overcame me. I immediately said "I'm not making any promises I can't keep." Yet, here I am about 3 hours later blogging about it. I guess it's because deep down inside, I really want to be able to keep those promises to myself. So here goes..........

Last year I made a resolution to de-clutter/simplify things in my house. I honestly think I can say that I have accomplished that goal. Getting new carpet and tile installed in the entire house in March of 2007 and having to move EVERYTHING really helped me clear out alot of stuff. I did notice however, that by the end of 2007, I started adding little by little again. So again, this year, my goal will be to continue with the "less is more" concept and simplify further.

I am also setting a goal to be doing some really great photo shoots by December of 2008 and in order to meet that goal I must buy the camera of my dreams. I have been talking about this for the last 2 or 3 years and something always comes up and I spend my money on other things. Well...by golly, this year is the year I AM GETTING THAT CAMERA! My goal will be to pay off my carpet loan by March and then have my camera by July. (Earlier if all goes as planned) If the need overcomes you to donate to the "Kami's camera fund", please feel free!!!!! *wink...grin

Here are a few more goals:

~Spend more time with God daily
~Take time to listen
~Teach E to drive
~Tell family how much I love them on a more regular basis
~Show more compassion and kindness for those that I DO NOT LIKE but am forced to be around
~Volunteer somewhere doing something for someone...(I know it's broad but I need to do some research)
~Get a pedicure (I have never had one)
~Actually send my best friend her birthday card on time
~Not touch my saving account (except for my camera purchase)
~Meet new friends and get out more often
~Drink more water
~Spend more time in silence (no TV/DVR or Computer)
~Put more effort into the yard work at my house and my parents (both are definitely suffering)
~Exercise on a regular basis
~Listen to more audio-books
~Finish at least 200 scrapbook pages this year
~Share my faith A LOT more
~Focus on eating healthier

Wow, that list is definitely longer that I thought it would be but I also believe that with just a little effort, I can accomplish all of these. Some of these will be more difficult than others and I honestly can say that the hardest ones for me will be the yard work one and the meeting new friends and getting out more often. I hate the summer (why I am living in Oklahoma is beyond me). Heat and sweat are not my friends unless I am near a beach!!!!!! On the meeting new people issue... I am such a home-body any more that I would much rather just come home and spend time in my own home doing things I love like scrapbooking, crafting, reading and TV than put out the effort in getting out and doing things. This might be a toughy!

Wish me luck! Now off to grab a bag of chips, a Pepsi and watch the Biggest Loser on my DVR.

HA HA ........... Just kidding!

Posted at 12:45 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

No comments: