Tuesday, July 15, 2008

August 2007 Archive

2007
August 31, 2007
I'm back, I think???
I think it is time to get back into the swing of my blogging. I have been so un-interested in my computer lately. I would much rather just veg out on my couch watching endless episodes of The Sopranos and Six Feet Under but even that has become un-satisfying. Uummm, did i just type that out loud? I use to never watch TV. I rarely turned it on and if I did, it was just for the noise or a babysitter for E. Now I live for the days of vegging..... Survivor, Sopranos, Gray's .... Hurry up Fall season of TV! Gosh, I need a social life!!!

A few of my friends have started an ABC posting and I figured I would use it as a good starter to get back into the swing of things... so without further ado:

A is for.....

Awe- The word brings this picture in my mind of the Cave Entrance at Carlsbad Caverns. I visit the caverns every time I visit Paula (3 times since last March) and each and every time I see the entrance I get this sense of amazement and wonder. Each time, it just takes my breath away and no, it's not from the smell of bat guano that permeates even the food in the food court at the bottom. Seeing the mouth of the cave and then going down inside and seeing the amazing rock formations and the Big Room really brings God into perspective for me. He made all of that. He created such a beautiful place just for us. I remember the first time my parents took my brother and I to the Caverns. I remember the trails lined with rock and the colored lighting inside which have now become asphalt trails with railings and all white lights . I even remember the food court at the bottom, but I was not old enough to understand the magnitude of the entire place. (I will add my own pictures later) Seeing it numerous times as an adult really has made my love for it grow. I can actually see God's design in it all. Phooey on the geological scientists that say it was created over a 250 million years ago when sulfuric acid dissolved the surrounding limestone. God made this place with His own hands. It has His fingerprints all over it and no man, scientist or not, can convince me otherwise.

Anxiety- I had a "slight" anxiety attack today. After spending almost 2 stinking hours in Wal-mart today grocery shopping, tired and frustrated after seeing how much our city/state tax (over 17 dollars) was charged on said groceries we left. As I was driving home, I got this overwhelming feeling that something was wrong with my parents. The longer I thought about it the worse it got. I grabbed my cell phone after pulling over into Subway parking lot and started calling my parents house, no answer. Mom's cell phone, no answer. House, no answer. Dad's cell phone, no answer. My fear started getting worse. I could not figure out what was going on. I had E to start calling also from her cell phone. I'm telling you, I was standing inside Subway with tears rolling down my face. I just knew something was wrong. After over 10 mins of calling, we finally reached my dad who said they were out with friends eating supper at Apple bee's. I can not explain the relief I felt. Why did this happen to me today? I cannot explain it but I can tell you it scared the snot out of me. It started me thinking about what I would have went through and done if something really bad HAD happened. The fear of losing my parents, even just one of them, was staring me in the face today and I crumpled like a small helpless child that was lost in the crowd and I panicked. What will I do? Where will I go if I need to talk? Who will I call when I just need to hear someone's voice? Who's 3 acre yard will I have to mow so I can work on my golden tan in the summer? (just kidding) Who will be my voice of reason in times of trouble? Mom and Dad, you are not allowed to go to supper with your friends at Apple bee's anymore.

Posted at 04:21 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

August 26, 2007
Sorry
I have some personal things going on in my life right now so I haven't been updating often. As soon as I get things sorted out and back on track I will be back in full force! Be patient!

Oh and if you happen to subscribe to podcasts, The Village Church out of Dallas, Texas has an awesome one... I got a new Ipod for my birthday and it has been glued to my ears since. The Village Church has some great teachings and I have been really inspired by alot of it. I just wanted to pass it along to those of you who might like to check it out!

Posted at 09:31 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

August 08, 2007
Another Vacation!
Well, I am now on another 2 week vacation from work and boy am I so glad. Its nice to be able to step back for a little while, recoup and then get back into it, only now a days, i want to step back for longer and longer periods of time. I will take what I get tho!

We are headed back to Midland tomorrow for the Rock The Desert Concert! We are soooo excited! I have been trying to get to this concert 3 summers in a row now and it has finally happened! We are hoping to have a blast!

The kid's are ready to leave yet not! Can you tell? This is the look I was given when I told them that I was taking pictures of our entire trip like i did last year! they both made faces!

They both will be happy to get away from the yard work I have been making them do!!!

Needless to say, Rock the Desert, here we come! Then it is Carlsbad or bust! I have already been told "NO PEDRO SIGNS" this time! hee hee

Posted at 07:25 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

August 02, 2007
Yo!
Ever been NOT in the mood to blog? That is soooo where I have been lately! I don't quite know the reason either. I haven't even been digging my computer either! Is it the summer bug? We still have one more 2 week vacation to Midland and Carlsbad (YAY) and then it is back to the school year routine. I am not looking forward to it either. Vacation=yes School=no!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I will leave you with a post of E's new teeth. She got her braces off in July and she now has the prettiest smile I have ever seen in the whole wide world! She walks around now, smiling and bobbing her head around saying "Look, I got my grill off!" LOL

Here's my baby!



Posted at 01:36 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

No comments: