Tuesday, July 15, 2008

February 2007 Archive

February 2007
February 26, 2007
I hate painting.... did i mention that I hate painting? Are you tired of hearing me gripe about painting? Well, hopefully I won't be doing any more for a long while... I finished my scrapbook room and am almost complete with the master bath re-do. I took pics of before and after in my sb room and i will post them but I must say the after picture does not do the wall justice. It came out a weird color on the picture but the actual wall is really pretty.

So, here is before:

And here is after:



The edges of the wall look messy but that is just the tape that is still there. It will be a clean edge when I remove the tape after it's dry. I wish i could get the true color for you but either my camera or my moniter is not calabrated right. I think I am really going to like it. I am going with black accents. I will post final pictures once it's all put back together. The masterbath color turned out gorgeous. Its a mocha cream color now and I think I really like it. I am thinking of maybe a french cafe theme. Is that bad for a bathroom?

Whew! now, with all the painting done, hopefully I can post normal posts instead of all this stinking home improvement stuff that has consumed me lately.

Posted at 10:43 PM | Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBack (0)
Hmmm
Either IE is all jacked up tonight or my work has caught onto the sites I visit most on IE and locked out all pages that require a sign in. Lucky for me I installed firefox about 6 months ago (before authorization was required to dl anything). I'm so sneaky! lol

I was hoping to get some home improvement stuff done today but I have not been feeling good at all. I stayed in bed most of the day. I can't tell if it is actually an illness or the fact that I have a giant standing in front of me, staring me down and saying "I dare you". (that giant being my home improvement projects and packing) I have 14 days to get them finished and I am no where near even 1/4 done. I do work well under pressure but I hate that I stress myself out over it. Things don't just "roll off" of me like they use to. When I get stressed in one area of my life, all areas become stressed and I start to question EVERYTHING! I am feeling the beginnings of it already. I need some magic pixie dust!



Posted at 01:40 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

February 24, 2007
Red Ochre and Bathroom Pics


This is the color I chose for my scrapbook room. I can't wait to get it finished. I thought it was a fun color. I couldnt find any greens that I liked so I chose this instead. I hope it looks good when I get it finished. I also got a cream color paint for the master bathroom. I will add pics when i get it painted.

And now for the long awaited bathroom pictures. This is the upstairs bathroom. This was the room that was the easiest so far. I went with an italian theme. This shelf will have a small tree sitting on the floor underneath it to finish it off!



The flower picture will have some greenry added to it soon and the pictures behind the toilet will be rearranged also when i figure out what else needs to go with it!

All in all, this bathroom turned out pretty good and my favorite so far. Too bad its a bathroom that rarely gets used.

Posted at 08:29 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)
Will it ever end?
*Sighing a BIG sigh* I am very unhappy with the color that I painted the master bathroom. It was supose to be a chocolate color but it looks like MUD! I was going for chocolate/cream accent look but what I got was a cave look. I am going to go get more paint tomorrow and start over again! I hate the home improvement process. I wish I could just snap my fingers and it would all be done. While I am at it, I am going to grab a 2nd gallon of paint for my scrapbook room. I just don't know what color yet! I am kinda wanting green but you can bet it wont be chocolate!!! What do you think of this green? I stole this picture from 2peas!i'm thinking of maybe black accents. I am taking suggestions...Help me decorate! I keep saying I will post pictures when the tile/carpet is laid but I need to post pics now so that I can get opinions. Maybe I will do that tomorrow... stay tuned!

Posted at 02:16 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

February 23, 2007
Introducing.....
PINK ICING




Yes, I know, my video skills leave much to be desired and thanks to YouTube, I get to show you how much my skills lack! I suck at it! lol

This was E's girl band for the school talent show 2007! And for those of you who know E, this is such the typical her! What a blast! They did an awesome job and got the biggest applause. I was so proud of them all. Now, my ears can finally rest from hearing this song being practiced over and over and over and over and over! Barlow Girl is not my favorite right now!

Posted at 07:11 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

February 21, 2007
Oh my aching back!
"Mom, you could do that for a living. It looks good!" NOT, NEVER, EVER. Texturing is not my forte! However, I must say, it DID turn out pretty good! I finished the texture last night and I painted tonight. My back is sooo glad it's finished. I hope I can actually move my body tomorrow. I also got the upstairs bathroom painted and the border paper up. 2 projects down, many more to go before March! I will post pictures of the finished products after the tile is laid.

Posted at 11:28 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

February 20, 2007
Oy!
I sure bit off more than what I wanted! I decided that I needed to paint the bathrooms before all the new flooring is to be installed. I chose the paint and figured it would be simple. I have painted many, many rooms before. I got the upstairs one painted yesterday (minus the border paper) and all i had to do was the master bathroom. There is this glossy wallpaper on the wall and I figured I could just paint over it....WRONG! The paint wouldn't go on evenly nor would it dry. I decided to go ahead and suck it up and peel it off. Much to my surprise, there are 3 layers of wallpaper on this stupid wall. 1 trip to Home Depot later, I am texturing the walls. This is not how I wanted to spend my evening...sigh.

Posted at 10:56 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

February 19, 2007
How cool is this?


Extreme Home Makeover is in our city building a house for a disabled family and we were fortunate enough to go visit the set. I was really hoping to get a picture of the HOT Ty Pennington but I was unsuccessful! I wish I could take credit for these pictures but I can't. They were taken by one of E's friends. I couldn't get as close as she did. They are still awesome, none the less. E was able to go out to the set yesterday and watch them move the dirt around after they demolished the house by a tank. Today the house is almost complete outside. They are working at hyperspeed! It is crazy. The family is very fortunate to recieve a gift as great as this. Let's just hope they are as grateful for this house as the people who are helping build it are grateful for being able to help. If you are interested in reading about the family recieving this gift you can see it HERE. The episode will air April 8th.

Posted at 08:42 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

February 15, 2007
Be My Valentine!
E got up this morning to a ringing package. I told her to get Mike on the phone for me and so she dialed the number I gave her (since she doesn't know his number). Her Valentine's Day package started ringing! It was the funniest thing. She was confused at first then I told her "oh wait, that's not Mike's number.... It's YOUR number". She was so excited. She received some chocolates, a stuffed unicorn, a card and her cell phone! After we went over the rules, she was on it, non-stop. I love making her happy! *pictures will be added soon, I am at work and cannot access them right now.

Mike and I will be celebrating our Valentines Day on Friday. With my schedule being flipped to night shifts and his long day shifts during the week, it makes it hard for us to do anything that isn't pre-planned and the middle of the week is just almost impossible. One of these days, it will all work itself out. Besides, V-day should be an everyday thing instead of being reserved for once a year! We did spend the evening on the phone and decided that we are going to the Nextel Nascar race April 15th at the Texas Motor Speedway! His birthday is April 5th and so it will be his gift! Ever since I introduced him to Fantasy Nascar he has just been like a little kid with a new toy! I love his innocence when it comes to this sport, maybe I will win something for once...lol

Walking through my house yesterday, I suddenly became overwhelmed with all of the stuff I am going to have to move. I will give you one guess as to which room is the worst, most overwhelming room of them all. Yep, it's my scrapbook room. Next is E's room, then my bedroom. I have things tucked everywhere. Why o Why do I do that? I am such a pack rat! I inherited it from my daddy! (Thanks, DAD!!!) I get it in my head that "maybe one day I will need that" and I shove it in the drawer and forget I have it. Then I go buy more. *sigh I can tell this packing is not going to be fun.... I am hoping that cleaning out the house will also help me feel refreshed almost like a cleansing myself. We shall see! It was also brought to my attention that I posted the wrong date on the install... It's March 12th not the 19th. It should be completed by the 19th. I still can't wait! WAHOO!

Posted at 04:57 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

February 13, 2007
New eyes!
New Glasses! After 3 trips trying to pick them up and the prescription being wrong, I finally got them and I am in LURVE!!! I see the world different now. It's amazing what a new pair of glasses will do for a girl!

I also set up the appt for my tile and carpet to be installed. I happen to luck out and because I waited, I am now able to get the WHOLE house done! I am so excited. I will have tile in my kitchen, dining room, 1 hallway and 3 bathrooms. Carpet will be going in the living room, the loft and the 3 bedrooms. I really got a killer deal on the whole thing. Waiting really paid off, just like Paula said it would! I have been searching online to find the color combo i chose but I have had no success. I can say that the tile looks similar to this and the edges are not straight, they are wavy. I plan on posting finished pics! I can not wait! The install is set for March 19th. 3 weeks is all I have to get this house cleared of clutter and packed up (minus the furniture) and moved into the garage! YIKES! I better get started soon! Anyone have any boxes?

Posted at 10:17 PM | Permalink | Comments (5) | TrackBack (0)

» My Flickr
Flickr
July 2008
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Categories
Faith
Gardening
Pictures
Religion
Archives
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
More...

No comments: