Tuesday, July 15, 2008

October 2007 archive

« September 2007 | Main | November 2007 »

October 2007
October 19, 2007
Lions and Gorrillas and Snakes??? oh my!
A couple of days ago we took a road trip to OKC to the Zoo! It has been forever since I have been to the OKC Zoo and boy it sure has changed alot... for the better! The layout of the place is still pretty much the same but they have built new larger areas for the lions, gorrillas, tigers and bears. They use to be in a smaller pen but now they have LOTS of space to roam. I think its just absolutely great! I also was impressed with the snake house. They redid it and it isn't just boxes with snakes in it anymore. They have really done alot of improvements. I got quite a few good pictures! Although I still long for my cannon DRebel, this one did a decent job! Here are a few of the 112 pics that I took....lol The last 2 snake pictures(the yellow and black one) are my absolute favorite. I do not care for snakes but the picutres are awesome. You can see down his nostril, how cool is that??? Most of these pics are SOC except for the dirt spot on the glass that I removed from the black and yellow snake pic and the glare from the glass on the closeup of the gorrilla. Photoshop is awesome! The only picture that I wish I could have gotten good was of the Lion. Words can not explain how majestic and beautiful he was. It just took my breath away. He was sitting in a position that I just could not get a good shot of him. Maybe next time.

After the zoo, we went to Bricktown and ate at Toby Keith's I Love this Bar and Grill! The atmosphere was a little lacking but the food was fab! Maybe I am just really getting so old that I just really did not care for the whole "bar scene" feel inside. We talked to our waitress and she said that Toby Keith can not even play in this place because he has a contract stating that he can not perform within a certain radius of the Ford Center and you guessed it.... this resturant is like 2 blocks away from the Ford Center. What kind of deal is that... cant even play in his own resturant. The waitress did say that he comes in their quite often to sign autographs though. Big whoop! Not that I am a resturante conisour but I must say that although I loved the food, this is probably not a resturant I would frequent often.

Posted at 01:34 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

October 13, 2007
Can I cry now???
My baby is growing up! I'm sitting here on pins and needles waiting for her to get home so I can find out how it went. I am so excited for her yet so sad that she is getting to the age that dating is more fun than MOM. Here she is in her dress and with her date, J. Click on the images for full size version.



And we can't leave out her best friend, L.

While I was getting ready to post this she came home! All she keeps saying is... "Mom, I had so much fun!" "We danced and danced." I'm outta here so we can sit on my bed and I can listen to her stories and giggle all night!

Ciao!

Posted at 11:52 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)
Homecoming
Well, the time has come around again this year for the Homecoming dance. E was asked to go to the dance again this year with one of her good friends, J. Last year she was not old enough to go but this year is a different story. I am sooo not ready for my baby girl go be so grown up. The boy she is going with is not old enough to drive so his mother is chauffeuring them to dinner at Applebee's then to the dance, then home. This gives me a little more comfort knowing that there is a responsible adult driving. I am just a bundle of nerves!

Today we are busy with the preparations such as: cleaning the house, getting her hair done, and the whole getting dressed part. I promise to take pics and share them soon!

So I guess I left off at K with my ABC posts so I should continue, huh! I have such a habit of starting things and not finishing them (in a timely manner, if at all). I need time to think about what to post about for L..... Stay tuned for L-Z.

I will leave you with a pic of my "Fall" Door Decoration. I found her at JoAnn's for 4.99 on sale. We have named her Georgia (don't ask, because I don't have a clue..lol).



P.S.

I sure could use a good color pop action if anyone wants to share!!!

Posted at 11:31 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

October 03, 2007
Whoa!
I didn't realize it has been so long since I blogged last! Bad me! I guess I just got caught up in the day to day stuff and my computer has been low on my list of priority things.

I don't know that there is really alot to update on except the fact that I am not getting enough sleep! My allergies are killing me and its really effecting my sleep! Don't you just hate that? I am eagerly awaiting the first freeze of the year so that these allergies will go away. I normally don't even have allergies but this year, with all the rain, is wreaking havoc on me. I'm living on drixoral!

I am happy to announce that I have officially lost 10 lbs. Telling myself NO and laying off most of the caffeine has worked wonderfully! I am excited to see the scale moving downwards instead of upwards for once!

It's homecoming time again and E was asked to another dance this year! J asked her and she couldn't be more excited! They are going to Applebee's for dinner then the dance (in 2 weeks). We went shopping for a dress and shoes and she is going to look fab! I am excited to get pics!

I have FINALLY gotten my scrapbook room back in some kind of order that I can actually work in there now and so I have been dipping my little fingers back into scrapping! I hope to be able to do it at least once a week now that i have organized chaos! My journal of me book is coming along nicely too! I have 3 pages done and am now only 10 behind! I am also working on an album for my aunt and have 2 holding for my cousins of the Bell reunion. This is the one I was not able to attend so it is kinda making the process of putting them together a little difficult. I have 3 pages of it done also. 6 pages in 2 weeks, not too bad considering I hadn't lifted a finger (paper wise) in almost a year! I can't wait to finish them.

I will leave you with 1 picture from the reunion album then I'm off to get ready for work....I hate evening shifts!



Posted at 08:48 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)
My Flickr
Flickr
July 2008
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Categories
Faith
Gardening
Pictures
Religion
Archives
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
More...

No comments: