Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sewing 101

Give me paper, scissors, and scrapbook supplies and I can just go to town without a problem. Set a sewing machine, thread and fabric in front of me and I am clueless as to what to do! Who knew sewing a straight line would be so difficult much less cutting a straight line on fabric. I have been seeing all these really cool camera straps online and I finally decided to attempt to make my own. I mean, come on.... how difficult could a square be? Apparently pretty difficult, if your name is Kami! After numerous phone calls to my mother, a few mis-cuts due to my bad measurements, various Google searches for tutorials, 2 visits from my mother to show me steps, 3 scrapped attempts (crooked) and 5 hours of my day, I did it! I made some camera straps! After spending 3 hours on the first one and getting the hang of it, I spent another 2 hours and whipped out 4 more! I now have 5 straps! WOO HOO! I'm so proud of myself! They are not designer quality by any means but I love them! Fighting with that stupid sewing machine was all worth it! I think I will stick to scrap booking and leave the sewing to my daughter and mother! My brain doesn't work in inches!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great.... all except that OU one... Where is the OSU one?

Kami said...

I personally like OSU but made the OU one for E's sake! She LOVES OU!