Saturday, August 2, 2008

The morning after!

AWWW, poor, poor fierce hunter! He can't go outside because the mom refuses to submit him to potential swarming bee attacks and he is not too happy about it! On top of the sad teary eyes and long sorrowful meows, this is what he has been doing all morning.... poor, poor, pitiful kitty!


After inspection of the hidden hive this morning, I discovered that the spray may have done a little damage, albeit not much! It seems that the ones that were not hurt by the spray are frantically trying to carry the dead out of the nest and dump them on the driveway and front porch! I found numerous ones this morning in Toby's water bowl that sits nest to the garage door and scattered around. I did walk to the front of the house to see what it looked like and there are not as many hanging around outside the hole but there were numerous ones flying in and out of the hole carrying more! I was able to collect a sample of them and take a picture. I used Photoshop to zoom in and get a better look so the pic isn't too clear and they look shriveled but it should help to identify them. I have also called 5 people this morning and was only able to get a hold of one man who said that he didn't handle bees anymore due to the strict policy that the police department has put on them. I am actually thinking that the pd was expecting this guy to eradicate or remove without payment but that's my opinion. Needless to say, he was not willing to tell me anything but did give me a name and number of a man who would tell me what I was potentially looking at if it was a big nest. I have also left messages with 2 other men and hopefully someone will call me back soon! I am just praying that the magnitude of this nest and the damage I see in my head are no where near reality! I think I have let my imagination run wild with this....lol I keep seeing the scene in the movies of the killer bees attacking the house and filling the windows blocking out the light!!! Okay, not really.....but close??? I will be using another can of "FOAM" spray this afternoon or evening when they are all gathered back at the nest unless someone calls and tells me otherwise! Wish me luck!

No comments: