Friday, September 5, 2008

Look at me now!


Okay, so it's not such a secret! But the wait is finally over! I GOT PROMOTED! I am so happy! The phone call came early yesterday morning (well, 08:30, early for me). I had the ringer turned off in my bedroom since I am currently on midnight shift and sleep during the day and so I missed the call from HR! Thankfully the Troop Commander was kind enough to call my cell phone... Here was the conversation: Keep in mind that the TC is a very dry-sense-of-humor type of guy. He loves to try and make you think your in trouble all the time only to get you shaking in your boots then start laughing! He uses this "mean", very stern, disciplinary voice along with "the eye". I think it was one of those "If you keep doing that, your face will freeze like that" faces that momma always warned us about...lol There are days in which I never really know if he is serious or joking until then very end when he is either standing there just staring at you or stomping his feet with his head back, hand on his belly, laughing hysterically at the dumbfounded look on your face. Needless to say, this conversation was no different. At first I was like "crap, what did i do now?" then it turned into "Shut the front door so no one can see me jumping, screaming, rolling on the floor, excited, trying to be professional and hiding it until I got off the phone" reactions. You know, the ones where your so excited you could pee your pants! Anyways, here's how it went:


TC: Kami? (in his "mean" voice)

ME: Yeah

TC: What are you doing? (stern voice)

ME: Apparently not answering my home phone! (duh)

TC: Why? (disciplinary voice and I could almost see "the eye" through the phone)

ME: Because my ringer is turned off???? (meekly...lol)

TC: Why would you want to do that? (stern voice)

ME: So I could sleep? (duh again)

TC: Well, if you are gonna be a SGT then you can't turn off your ringer. You have to be available. (stern voice)

ME: Really? (trying to tame my excitement)

TC: Go turn on your ringer! CONGRATULATIONS!!! (insert the hysterical laugh here)

ME: WOO HOO! (yes i really said that out loud..lol This is also where I am hiding the fact that I am so excited that I feel the need to pee my pants...lol))

TC: It is also retro-active to Sept. 1, 2008.

ME: Wow, great! What do I do now? (What do I do now??? Of all things to say...lol I was trying to sound professional and obviously failed miserably).

TC: (Chuckling) Nothing, I will take care of the transition on the paperwork side of things and all you will have to do is step into the position! Congratulations again, you will do a good job!

ME: Thank you!

TC: Okay, see you tomorrow!!

ME: Okay, Bye! (instantly screaming "Thank you God, Thank you God" all the while, jumping up and down, raising my hands like a crazy woman!!!) It was really a site to see! I'm just thankful no one else did...lol!
Needless to say, I got nothing else accomplished the rest of the day because I turned on the ringer and my phone rang OFF THE WALL! It was a fun, crazy day!

2 comments:

KR said...

CONGRATULATIONS KAMI!!!!! :D :D :D THAT IS FABULOUS NEWS!!!! (yes i'm yelling!) :D :D :D

WOO HOOO!!!! That's awesome!! :D

((((HUGS))) to you! :D

Jillian said...

Waaaaahooo!

Congrats again my dear. Funny funny story!

Sgt. Bell - we are so proud of you!